Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hearing the Heartbeat- 5/27/11

What a great day May 27th was! Not only was it the last day of school for my kiddos, but it was my 12 week appointment date...the date that I finally got to hear my sweet little one's heart beat. It had been a great 12 weeks so far...I was slightly more nauseous than with Max, but nothing that I couldn't handle with some saltines and water! :-) I arrived to my appointment and was planning on meeting Bryan and Max there so they could hear our little one's heartbeat. Well the boys were running late and I was called back and saw my doctor. She put the doppler on my belly and I heard such a beautiful sound...165 beats per minute. She had to run to the hospital to deliver a little one so she told me to stay in the room until the boys got there, and that Diane (our nurse practitioner) would be back in so they could hear our little one. Well, they FINALLY arrived and Bryan and Max got to hear such a sweet sound. Max was more interested in the fun stuff in the room, but he seemed to enjoy it anyway! What a great day we had....little did we know that this would be the first and only time that we would hear our baby's heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment